May 27, 2010

In My Shoes

For just one day
Could you take a walk in my shoes
Could you feel all my joys
Could you sing all my blues

For one day if i let you
Would you cry all my tears
Would help heal my heart
Would you conquor my fears

It's always so easy, looking in from the outside
But you could never understand me,
My tears you can't cry
You can't turn my grey skies blue
You can't pick me up off the ground
You can't say it's nothing when it is something
You can't make my world go around

For one day
Just for one day
Could you put my burdens on your back
Would you bare all that I bare
and keep your cool, could you do that

For one day, if I let you
Could you say, I know how you feel
And mean it, truely mean it
Without faking, genuinely real

From now on when I cry, would you cry
When I fall, giveme time to get up
Encourage instead of discourage
Be there for me, no if and's or but's

For one day
Just for one day, if you walked in my shoes
maybe then you'd truly understand
Why i do what I do
Why I say what I say
Whay I am the way i am

For one day if you could see me
With all I have exposed
Would you still find ways to judge me
Or would you keep your mouth closed

I can only be me and you will never understand
if you don't want to understand
So please overstand
That even in my shoes, you could never be me
I could never be you but there can always be we
We can happily co exist, unstanding each others story
Choosing to love and listen, rather than to judge and ignore me

For one day,
Just one day., maybe you would begin to see
All the beautiful and unique things, that combine to make up....me.

1 comment:

  1. Im like wow Girly that was deep! If whoever walk in ya shoes 4 just 1 day---- they would start off with corns n 15 mins later b callin a podiatrists cause they would b so confused on where 2 start they cant do what u do Beccs! But could try 2 understand:) keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete