May 31, 2010

Slipping Away

It's too late for apologies
I'm slipping away
I tried to stay strong
But I'm starting to fade
I look back and daydream about the love we once made
Then I realize that maybe that's the reason I stayed
So long in a trance, not coming or going
Stuck, just still, not moving or growing
Wanting, but not knowing
If the love is for real
Constantly verbalizing, the feelings I feel

And I think, All I'm saying and doing is in vain
It doesn't make us breed love
It only breeds pain
A pain so deep like blood it stains
And can never get clean
No matter how hard it rains
I'm trying to remain, remembering the days
But slowly and surely, I'm fading away

Not in love with the person I was with before
But a mere few memories
Nothing less, Nothing more
But I also remember all the heartache he caused
WHat used to be mine
What used to be yours
What used to be ours, Left before it could stay
And slowly but surely, I'm fading away

I'm running, I'm walking
Nothing left to say
I'm gone, I'm falling
I'm slipping away......

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I can definitely relate to this..it gave me flashbacks..but when all is said and done it only makes u stronger..

    ReplyDelete