Jun 15, 2010

Undreamed Dreams

I'm waiting to be discovered
Lurking deep inside your mind
way back in your subconscious
though I'm not that hard to find

Your thoughts to one day find me
soon dispersed and faded away
To live a life of reality
living only to live another day

That's not what life had planned for me
but you gave up on a dream
you gave up on hope and a future
and settled for all that it seemed

Even though you never thought to search for me
You think of me every now and then
with heartache inside, confusion resides
As if dreaming was a sin

You look at yourself
You look at your life
And think of all it could be

It could be all you want
and so much more
If only you'd believe and visualize me

As long as you breathe,
it's never too late
so hold on to me
there's no time to waste

I'm real as the blood that runs through your veins
I'm as vital as the air you breathe
And it's only a matter of time
before i show myself
You just have to believe.....

And Dream.....

2 comments:

  1. Great piece-am honored to be invited to read and comment...one concern...2nd stanza-do you mean "your" instead of "you're"? can't help checking out the grammar!!! hugs....
    Dr. G.G....(aka sahdana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca for your comment at my blog.

    This poem you have written is so beautiful... I can relate to it and the feelings your words evoke, as someone whom I thought was very special gave up on me. xoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete